WTF: What’s the future?
What is Out Front Colorado?
Out Front Colorado is the state’s largest and oldest LGBT news organization. The news organization was founded in 1976 by Phil Price. Now in its 36th year of operation, Out Front Colorado is based in Denver.
What’s been going on with Out Front Colorado lately?
Former owners Greg Montoya and Jay Klein sold Out Front Colorado’s parent company, Q Publishing, to Transformation Communications Group, LLC, owned by Jerry Cunningham and his partner JC McDonald. Cunningham is a life-long Coloradan and member of the LGBT community. The new leadership took control Jan. 23.
Where can I pick up a free copy of Out Front Colorado?
Out Front Colorado is maintaining a similar distribution pattern and can be found at many of your local community centers, retail locations and bars. Look for our current issue out Feb. 1! You can also view fresh content and a digital edition of the printed publication on our website.
What’s different and what should we look to OFC for in the future?
At Out Front Colorado we consider ourselves an integral part of the state’s and region’s LGBT community. And we have big plans. Here are a few of our highlights:
- We will be giving back financially – contributing 10 percent of our net revenue to nonprofits that support our community.
- We aren’t “selling ads” – we will be enrolling brands in the power and value of our LGBT community.
- We will grow our digital presence, leveraging technology in many new, exciting ways.
- We will open our platforms to more writers, designers, thinkers, volunteers, organizations, distributors and LGBT stakeholders.
- We will provide the resource and a constant call to action for ways anyone and everyone can make a difference in celebrating and preserving our culture, while forwarding our right to equality.
OK, I heard some talk – what exactly happened at Out Front Colorado?
Although rumors and gossip certainly add excitement to our lives – Q Publishing is still in business and maintains its existing relationships and contracts with its partners. Out Front Colorado’s main publication and website continue to operate at the heart of Colorado’s LGBT community. We published our first issue after the transition on Feb. 1.
I’m an advertiser in Out Front Colorado. Is my ad still scheduled to appear in the print edition?
Yes! The new owners of Out Front Colorado will honor all signed contracts and relationships from before the transition and your advertisement will appear as scheduled according to the 2012 editorial calendar.
I’m interested in advertising and/or partnering with Out Front Colorado. Who should I contact?
Out Front Colorado provides an opportunity to reach Colorado’s LGBT community through the largest and most widely-read LGBT publication in the Rocky Mountain Region. To partner with Out Front Colorado, contact Jerry Cunningham at email@example.com, associate publisher Nic Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office at 303-778-7900.
How will Out Front Colorado be different now that Q Publishing has new ownership?
Out Front Colorado will continue to be a source of news and commentary from, and for, Colorado’s LGBT community – most of Out Front Colorado’s most popular features, resources and writers are still here. Additionally, Out Front Colorado plans to widen its pool of contributors to bring in new intelligent and diverse voices, and expand its platform to become a full multi-media organization and central voice for Colorado’s LGBT community. Look to Out Front Colorado for emerging opportunities to partner with, learn from and engage with the community in coming months.
Who is the new Out Front Colorado?
Out Front Colorado serves as a central voice and forum for Colorado’s LGBT community, and all community members are considered part of Out Front Colorado’s mission. You can turn to Out Front Colorado to keep up with the pulse of the community and also to submit letters and editorials to email@example.com to be considered for publication in print or online.
Additionally, many familiar names and faces continue to serve Colorado’s LGBT Community on OFC’s staff. The team is as follows:
- Jerry Cunningham, owner / publisher: firstname.lastname@example.org
- JC McDonald, vice president / director of distribution: email@example.com
- Nic Garcia, associate publisher: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Swain, creative director/editor-in-chief: email@example.com
- Holly Hatch, executive editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Decker, deputy art director: email@example.com
- Matthew Pizzuti, junior editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Cross, senior marketing executive: email@example.com
Who is Jerry Cunningham?
Jerry Cunningham is a lifelong resident of Colorado and an accomplished entrepreneur. He holds a marketing and business management degree from Regis University and has been actively involved in the arts and LGBT community his whole life as a performer, producer and public relations advocate.
Who is Jeff Swain?
Hailing from the annals of Nebraska, Swaim is a lifelong Midwesterner and award-winning creative director. A Denverite since 1998, Swaim is also the founder and Strategy Officer of Wired World Media. Swaim has been active in the gay sports community over the past 15 years and is on the board of the 2016 Out Games.
Who is JC McDonald?
Originally from Iowa, McDonald relocated to Colorado in 1999 and isn’t shy about his cowboy style and culture. McDonald is committed to having the paper available, on time, in place and ready to go as his quiet yet sweet nature is a pleasant breath of fresh air for the staff and community.